Swanwick Divers (SD) is a diving club structured within the British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC). This policy document explains how SD use the personal data collected from you through membership applications, our website and administration of SD events.
- The data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How your data is used
- How we store your data
- Data retention
- Data breach action
- Your data protection rights
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
The Data We Collect
SD will collect and process the following data:
- Preferred contact details for organising club activities
- Consent to be included in SD online membership listing (name and contact details)
- Membership class
- Highest qualification and maximum depth rating
- Emergency contact (person)
- Emergency contact (phone number)
- BSAC membership number and renewal date
- Whether or not a diver medical self-certification for BSAC has been completed for the current year (Tick box)
- Fit to dive medical certificate
- Declaration that only dives commensurate with current qualifications and experience will be undertaken (Tick box)
- Acknowledgement that appropriate refresher training should be completed after a period without diving and will be completed if no dives have been completed within the preceding 12 months (Tick box)
- Declaration of birth date for members under the age of 18 years or confirmation of age greater than 18 years
- Consent by the SD member to data defined above being collected and held for the purposes stated in this policy. (Tick box)
- Consent by the individual with parental responsibility for SD member’s data defined above being collected and held for the purposes stated in this policy where a SD member is under the age of 13 years.
How We Collect Your Data
Data is collected in the following ways:
- Directly from individuals when requesting to join SD
- Directly from individuals when participating in SD Club events
- From BSAC as part of SD membership administration (BSAC hold your membership data, which is visible to the SD Membership Officer but not transferred.)
- When using or viewing the SD website via your browser’s cookies.
How Your Data Is Used
Your data is used:
- By the SD Membership Officer to administer the SD Club membership listing
- By SD officers to organise and administer SD Club activities
- To support the SD Club ethos of ‘safe diving’
- Member’s contact data may be accessed by third parties during SD Club events, e.g. boat skippers when utilising their services.
How We Store Your Data
Your data is securely stored with Sync.com. When using Sync.com, data is encrypted and decrypted locally (on your computer or device) ensuring only the user has access to the data. In summary:
- File and file meta data is encrypted client-side (the user’s device) and remains encrypted in transit and at rest
- Web panel, file sharing and share collaboration features are also zero-knowledge
- Private encryption keys are only accessible by the user, never by com
- Passwords are never transmitted or stored, and are only ever known by the user.
Full details of security measures employed by Sync.com to protect data are available at this link > https://www.sync.com/pdf/sync-privacy.pdf
If you leave SD your name and BSAC membership number will be retained for seven years then deleted but all other personal data held will be deleted when you leave SD. The SD Membership Officer will be responsible for deleting the data.
Data Breach Action
In the event of a breach of data security, the ICO will be informed within 72 hours of SD becoming aware of the breach.
SD do not participate in any marketing activities.
Your Data Protection Rights
SD would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The Right To Access – You have the right to request SD for copies of your personal data. (See Note 1 below.) SD will maintain a record of requests for copies of personal data along with how and when a response was provided.
The Right To Rectification – You have the right to request SD to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SD to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The Right To Erasure – You have the right to request that SD erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The Right To Restrict Processing – You have the right to object to SD processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
The Right To Data Portability – You have the right to request that SD transfer the data that we collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact email@example.com.
Note 1: The right of access allows individuals to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing. SD will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, a ‘reasonable fee’ may be charged if a request is considered to be unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. SD may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. Any fees will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
- You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
- Your consent applies to the following domain: www.swanwickdivers.co.uk.
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
The Types Of Cookies We Use
Essential – Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely.
Statistics – These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Functional – These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences – These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
How To Control Cookie Preferences
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.wikipedia.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
How To Contact Us
How To Contact The Appropriate Authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that SD has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Call: 0303 123 1113
Write: Information Commissioner’s Office